The Phoenix Center’s purpose is to provide a well-integrated, educational and therapeutic program focusing on the development of the whole child and his/her family. We are a special and gifted group of individuals. Our staff creates customized and individualized programs for our students whose learning profile may not be accommodated in other special education settings. The reason we exist is to care for, educate and empower our students and graduates so that they may develop skills which will maximize their adaptation to adulthood. To that end, we regularly look for engaging, energetic, dynamic and skilled people to join our team.
Spanish Application Instructions
Instructional Paraprofessional – Full and Part Time
An instructional paraprofessional assists the teacher with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of individualized skill acquisition and behavior treatment programs.
- High School diploma (or equivalent); Associate’s degree preferred
- Experience working with individuals with autism or special needs
- Hours are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Part time positions are 3 or 4 days per week
Certified School Nurse
Works with the Health Office Coordinator to provide health care for students and to maintain health office policies and procedures. Attends community base instruction to administer medications and attend to well-being of students and staff while outside the school. Responsibilities include:
- Health Assessments and Screenings N.J.A.C. 6A:16-2.2
- Dental Examinations
- Coordinate annual auditory screening in conjunction with Speech Therapy department as proscribed by state law and school policy.
- Complete routine vision, pediculosis and scoliosis screenings in accordance with state law and school policy.
- Dispense medications to students following guidelines specified by state law and school policy.
- Emergency Care
- Communicable Disease Control
- Guidance and Counseling
- Registered in State of NJ
- BS Nursing
- NJ School Nurse Certification
- CPR Certification
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a school setting.
Physical Education/Health Teacher
Teach Health and Physical Education classes for students in grades K-12
- Help students learn effectively and skillfully—exercises, games, sports and dances which they may use in active life situations.
- Increase the students’ understanding of voluntary movement and the ways in which individuals may organize their own movements to accomplish tasks common in daily life.
- Provide differentiated instruction to meet the needs of the diverse learners of the school.
- Incorporate standards-based physical education goals and objectives into students IEP’s.
- Provide weekly health classes to enhance the health and daily life skills of the students, as well as, meet the New Jersey Student Learning Standards.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university with physical education/health emphasis.
- NJ Teacher of Health/Physical Education certificate
- Experience with individuals with autism and multiple disabilities a plus
Business Office Secretary
This position reports directly to and supports the Executive Director with a dotted line to the HR Manager.
- Support Executive Director
- All clerical needs including document preparation and distribution, filing, answering phones, scheduling, preparing spreadsheets, etc.
- Assist with all clerical aspects related to the Board of Directors including document and agenda development and distribution.
- Assist with all clerical aspects of development/fundraising program.
- Translating documents from English to Spanish
- Support HR Manager
- All clerical needs related to personnel including file preparation, database maintenance, filing and document preparation and distribution.
- Reporting Workers’ Compensation Claims and related clerical duties
- Business Office
- Responsible for logging, sorting and recording and depositing of all Accounts Receivable checks.
- Maintain petty cash
- Prepare checks as needed
- Associates Degree
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Excellent Computer Skills(MS Office, Adobe, database systems)
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Bi-Lingual Spanish
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with confidential information
To send a resume or get more information for any current or future openings contact Deborah Brandell Human Resources Manager.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 973-542-0687
Mail: 16 Monsignor Owens Place, Nutley, NJ 07110
Your resume will be retained in active status for one school year. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.