We understand the needs and challenges of the referring district case manager, administrator and child study team. The success of our students is typically correlated to the level of support and collaboration we foster between our school, the student’s parent(s) and their home district.
We have a customized and integrative approach to IEP development and our evidence-based curriculum has been lauded by not only educators from our referring districts, but also other special needs schools that have asked us to share our best practices.
The Phoenix Center’s differentiators include:
- Nationally accredited
- Approved by the New Jersey Department of Education
- Serving a diverse student body ages 5 to 21 with autism as well as multiple disabilities
- Providing for our students’ educational, behavioral and therapeutic needs under one roof, with multi-disciplinary methods
- Uses an integrated approach to learning
- Quality and training of staff and related service providers
- Founded on evidence-based programs that are tailored to each student’s needs and abilities
- A pioneer in developing and implementing a real-life community-based instruction model with the goal of preparing students for life after Phoenix
- Productive collaboration with districts, professionals and parents on customized programs
- Has a policy of not granting parental visits without the consent of student’s home district
We believe in working together for the good of the student. We encourage you to look at our unique points-of-difference and help determine if the student you are working with is the “right fit” for our school. In all cases, we suggest a call and an in-person visit. As a testament to our collaborative philosophy, The Phoenix Center does not permit parents to visit without prior consent of the sending district. Please contact our intake coordinator at email@example.com for more information.